Cisco 100GBASE-ER4 CFP2 Module for SMF (<40 km)
Part Number: CFP2-100G-ER4
The Cisco 100GBASE-ER4 CFP2 module can support link lengths up to 40 kilometers on standard duplex single-mode fiber (SMF, G.652) terminated with LC optical connectors. The 100 Gigabit Ethernet signal is carried over four wavelengths. Multiplexing and demultiplexing of the four wavelengths are managed within the device. The Cisco 100GBASE-ER4 CFP2 module meets the IEEE 802.3ba requirements for 100GBASE-ER4 performance and also supports DOM of the transmit-and-receive optical signal levels.
The Cisco® 100GBASE CFP2 modules offer customers 100 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity options for data center networking, enterprise core aggregation, and service provider transport applications.
- Supports 100GBASE Ethernet and OTU3 rates.
- Hot-swappable input-output device that plugs into an Ethernet CFP2 port of a Cisco switch or router
- Provides flexibility of interface choice
- Supports “pay-as-you-populate” model
- Supports digital optical monitoring (DOM)
- Supports the Cisco quality identification (ID) feature, which enables a Cisco switch to identify whether the module is certified and tested by Cisco