HPE Apollo 8000 iCDU Rack
Part Number: 7152904, New
The HPE Apollo 8000 Intelligent Cooling Distribution Unit (iCDU) Rack provides 320 kW of efficient and resilient cooling using the lower half of a standard rack footprint. The iCDU connects to a standard 2.5-inch facility water pipe and cools up to four HPE Apollo f8000 racks.
The iCDU serves as a heat exchanger between the primary facilities and the secondary IT cooling. It isolates the secondary IT cooling loop for consistent water quality, containment, pressure and flow. The secondary loop remains at sub-atmospheric temperatures and the water flowing from redundant iCDUs to HPE Apollo f8000 racks is pumped under vacuum keeping water in place, for operational resiliency and serviceability.
- Input: 385-415VAC for Intl standards & 480VAC for NA standards
(1x30A power cord per rack)
- HPE Apollo 8000 System Manager
- Each iCDU rack ships with one CDU at the bottom of the rack and associated rack cooling circuit
- The iCDU rack is configurable to add 48 port HPE 5900 Ethernet switches
- Secondary cooling circuit is ordered one for every 3 racks (f8000 and iCDU) in the solution
- Optional IT equipment may be added to the top half of iCDU provided power and cooling requirements for additional IT are supplied.
- Supports N+N redundancy at launch, N+1 support expected during FY15
- Every iCDU rack can support a maximum of up to four HPE Apollo f8000 Racks with a total capacity of 320KW
- Each iCDU rack has spare rack capacity in the top of up to 26U for installation of IT equipment such as network switches or server nodes