Dell PowerEdge T640 Tower Server
Part Number: T640
Adapt and scale to your dynamic business needs
The PowerEdge T640 balances cost-effective, in-server expansion with powerful performance to provide a scalable business architecture. The versatile T640 allows you to address data-heavy, diverse workloads including virtualization, databases, analytics, imaging applications and SDS. Meet dynamic performance and capacity demands with flexible storage and I/O options.
- Deliver fast insights with up to 8 NVMe drives, up to 2x more than the previous generation.1
- Meet changing business requirements with a dual port 10GbE network.
- Future-proof data growth with up to 18 x 3.5” or 32 x 2.5” drives and 8 PCIe slots.
- Provide advanced imaging and VDI with up to 4 x 300W GPU accelerators.
Intuitive systems management with intelligent automation
Dell EMC PowerEdge servers increase efficiency by leveraging the power and simplicity of the embedded iDRAC for smart automation of routine tasks. With agent-free management, the T640 is managed with ease and frees up time for your business priorities.
- Simplify and automate management of your Dell EMC infrastructure with OpenManage Enterprise.
- Take advantage of the OpenManage Mobile app and Quick Sync 2 capabilities to easily and effectively manage PowerEdge servers at the server, or wherever you are.
- Streamline management in virtualized environments with OpenManage Integrations for VMware vCenter or Microsoft System Center
Safeguard data with integrated security
Every PowerEdge server is made with a cyber-resilient architecture, delivering security into all parts of a server’s life cycle. The T640 uses these new security features so you can reliably and securely deliver the right data to where your customers are, no matter where they are. Dell EMC considers each part of system security, from design to end of life, to ensure trust and deliver worry-free systems.
- Rely on a secure supply chain that protects servers from the factory to thedata center.
- Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages andSecure Boot.
- Protect your server from malicious malware with iDRAC9 Server Lockdown mode (requires Enterprise or Datacenter license).
- Wipe all data from storage media including hard drives, SSDs and systemmemory quickly and securely with System Erase.
Up to two 2nd Generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, up to 28 cores per processor
Canonical® Ubuntu® Server LTS
Citrix® Hypervisor ®
Microsoft® Windows Server® with Hyper-V
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Up to four 300W and eight 150W GPUs
NVIDIA Tesla P100, P40, K80M, M60, M10, AMD S7150, S7150X2
Up to 2993 MT/s
Memory Module Slots
24 DDR4 DIMM slots (12 NVDIMM only)
Supports registered ECC DDR4 DIMMs only
Up to 8 or 18 x 3.5″ SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD), max 216TB
Up to 16 x 2.5″ SAS/SATA (HDD/SSD), max 61TB
Up to 32 x 2.5” SAS/SATA (HDD/SDD), max 122TB
Up to 16 x 2.5” with up to 8 NVMe, SAS/SSD/NVMe (HDD/SDD), max 112TB
PERC H330, H730P, H740P, HBA330
External Controller (RAID)
H840, 12Gbps SAS HBA
Boot Optimized Storage Subsystem (BOSS):
HWRAID 2 x M.2 SSDs 240GB, 480 GB
Internal Dual SD Module
Embedded / At-the-Server
iDRAC RESTful API with Redfish
Quick Sync 2 BLE/wireless module
OpenManage Power Center
Dell EMC Repository Manager
Dell EMC System Update
Dell EMC Server Update Utility
Dell EMC Update Catalogs
iDRAC Service Module
OpenManage Server Administrator
OpenManage Storage Services
Microsoft® System Center
Redhat® Ansible® Modules
IBM Tivoli® Netcool/OMNIbus
IBM Tivoli® Network Manager IP Edition
Micro Focus® Operations Manager I
1100W 48VDC, 1100W 380HVDC, 750W 240HVDC, 495W, 750W, 1100W, 1600W, 2000W, 2400W, Platinum
Hot plug power supplies with full redundancy option
Up to 8 hot plug fans with full redundancy
2 x 10GbE
1 x Dedicated iDRAC micro-USB
1 x USB 2.0
1 x USB 3.0
6 x USB 2.0/3.0
8 x Gen 3 slots (4 x 8)
8 x Gen 3 slots (4 x 16)
1 x VGA
Optional LCD bezel or security bezel
5U Tower or Rack Server
Dimensions & Weight
434.5mm (17.1″) (base height)
443.5mm (17.5”) (with foot)
217.9mm (8.6″) (base width)
304.5mm (12.0”) (with foot)
42.36kg (93.4lbs.) (Maximum with all drives 32 x 2.5 inch)
49.7kg (109.5) (Maximum with all drives 18 x 3.5 inch)