Lenovo ThinkSystem DB400D and DB800D 32Gb FC SAN Directors
Part Number: 6684D2A
The Lenovo ThinkSystem DB400D and DB800D 32Gb FC SAN Directors combine innovative hardware, firmware, and integrated network sensors to ensure the highest levels of operational stability and application performance. Designed to enable maximum flexibility and reliability, the Lenovo FC SAN Directors deliver market-leading 32 Gb Gen 6 Fibre Channel technology with modular building blocks for increased scalability to accommodate growth for large-scale enterprise infrastructures.
The Lenovo FC SAN Directors provide full non-blocking performance with scalability of up to four (DB400D) or eight (DB800D) port blades to deliver up to 256x (DB400D) or 512x (DB800D) ports that are FC-capable with speeds up to 32 Gbps or FCoE-capable of speeds up to 25 Gbps. The Directors also offer FCoE support with up to 64x (DB400D) or 128x (DB800D) 40 Gbps FCoE ports.
The Lenovo FC SAN Directors offer FC over IP extension capabilities with support for up to 8x 40 GbE QSFP+ ports and up to 64x 1/10 GbE SFP+ ports with up to four extension blades. For inter-chassis connectivity, the Directors provide 16x (DB400D) or 32x (DB800D) FC QSFP+ ports that support 4x 16/32 Gbps speeds.
The ThinkSystem DB400D and DB800D 32Gb FC SAN Directors offer the following features and benefits:
- Enhance operational stability, maximize application performance, and increase business agility with enterprise-class Gen 6 FC SAN directors
- Scale to 256 (DB400D) or 512 (DB800D) FC or FCoE ports with industry-leading port density and consolidate infrastructure with 128 Gbps Brocade UltraScale ICL connectivity for simpler, flatter, low-latency fabrics.
- Enable “pay-as-you-grow” scalability with full-fabric enterprise capabilities, supporting Fibre Channel connectivity of up to 32 Gbps or Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) connectivity of up to 40 Gbps.
- Accelerate application response time by up to 71 percent across 32 Gbps FC links.
- Optimize fabric behavior and ensure sufficient bandwidth for mission-critical applications with advanced traffic management capabilities and adaptive networking.
- Extend replication over distance with a highly scalable extension solution for Fibre Channel, IP, and FICON.
- Protect existing device investments with auto-sensing 4, 8, 16, and 32 Gbit/sec capabilities and native operation with Fabric OS-based fabrics.
- Simplify end-to-end management of large-scale environments by automating monitoring and diagnostics.
- Run Fabric OS, which delivers distributed intelligence throughout the network and enables a wide range of value-added features.
- Leverage Fabric Vision technology’s powerful monitoring, management, and diagnostic tools to simplify administration, increase uptime, and reduce costs.
- Provide proactive, non-intrusive, real-time monitoring and alerting of VM and storage I/O health and performance with VM Insight and IO Insight through integrated network sensors.
- Leverage predefined MAPS policies to automatically identify and isolate devices that cause network performance issues.
- Supply a rich set of standard features at no extra cost, including fabric services, advanced zoning, adaptive networking, integrated 10 Gb FC, diagnostic tools, ISL trunking, advanced monitoring and alerting, long-distance fabrics, and FICON CUP.
- Expand fabric capabilities with optional licensed functions, including Inter-Chassis Links (ICLs) and FC-FC routing.
- Compress and encrypt in-flight data on up to four ports for more efficient link utilization and better security.
- Virtualize physical FC SAN switches and fabrics into logical entities for better flexibility, utilization, management, and efficiency.
- Allow organizations to seamlessly integrate Gen 6 Fibre Channel networks with the next generation of flash storage – NVMe over Fibre Channel – by being NVMe-ready, without a disruptive rip and replace, to achieve faster application response times and harness the performance of solid state drives for better scalability across virtual data centers with flash storage.
- Help optimize the performance of NVMe with real-time latency monitoring on the FC32-64 port blade.
- Designed to provide 99.999% uptime capabilities and maximize resiliency with redundant hot-swap components, including power supplies, cooling modules, blades, transceivers, online diagnostics, and non-disruptive firmware download and activation.
- Accelerate troubleshooting with built-in advanced diagnostics tools featuring ClearLink Diagnostics with D_Ports and select adapters from QLogic and Emulex, which helps ensure optical and signal integrity for 16 Gb and 32 Gb Fibre Channel optics and cables.
- Automate repetitive daily tasks (such as fabric inventory, provisioning, and operational state monitoring) by using the standard REST APIs available directly from the switch.
- Simplify common SAN management practices by quickly integrating systems with open source PyFOS, a Python language.