Lenovo ThinkSystem DB610S 32Gb FC SAN Switch
Part Number: 6559F1A
The Lenovo ThinkSystem DB610S FC SAN Switch provides exceptional price/performance value by delivering market-leading 32 Gb Gen 6 Fibre Channel technology and combining flexibility, simplicity, and enterprise-class functionality to meet the demands of growing flash-based storage environments.
Designed to enable maximum flexibility and reliability, the ThinkSystem DB610S is a compact, 1U rack-mount FC switch that offers low-cost access to industry-leading Storage Area Network (SAN) technology while providing “pay-as-you-grow” scalability to meet the needs of an evolving storage environment.
The DB610S FC SAN Switch offers 24x SFP+ ports that support 4/8/16/32 Gbps speeds. The DB610S FC SAN switch provides easy integration into the existing SAN environments while realizing the benefits of Gen 6 Fibre Channel connectivity, and the switch offers a rich set of standard features with the options to expand its capabilities as needed.
The DB610S FC SAN Switch features the EZSwitch Setup wizard and can be configured in Access Gateway Mode to simplify deployment. The switch provides full non-blocking performance with Ports On Demand scalability to support SAN expansion and enable long-term investment protection.
The ThinkSystem DB610S FC SAN Switch offers the following features and benefits:
- Provides an affordable enterprise-class 32 Gb FC solution with 24 SFP+ ports to support flash-based storage environments.
- Increases performance for demanding workloads with support for 32 Gbps FC links.
- Simplifies configuration and management with easy-to-use EZSwitch Setup.
- Enables “pay-as-you-grow” scalability from single-switch fabric to full-fabric enterprise capabilities with Ports On Demand scalability.
- Optimizes fabric behavior and ensure sufficient bandwidth for mission-critical applications with advanced traffic management capabilities and adaptive networking.
- Provides proactive, non-intrusive, real-time monitoring and alerting of VM health and performance with VM Insight through integrated network sensors.
- Leverages predefined MAPS policies to automatically identify and isolate devices that cause network performance issues.
- Offers dual functionality as either a full-fabric SAN switch or as an NPIV-enabled Access Gateway (requires 24 SFP+ ports be licensed) that enhances fabric scalability and simplifies management.
- Protects existing device investments with auto-sensing 4, 8, 16, and 32 Gbit/sec capabilities and native operation with Brocade fabrics.
- Runs Fabric OS, which delivers distributed intelligence throughout the network and enables a wide range of value-added features.
- Leverages Fabric Vision technology’s powerful monitoring, management, and diagnostic tools to simplify administration, increase uptime, and reduce costs.
- Supplies a rich set of standard features at no extra cost, including fabric services, advanced zoning, adaptive networking, full fabric and access gateway operations, and diagnostic tools.
- Expands fabric capabilities with optional licensed functions, including trunking, advanced monitoring and alerting, and long-distance fabrics.
- Allow organizations to seamlessly integrate Gen 6 Fibre Channel networks with the next generation of flash storage – NVMe over Fibre Channel – by being NVMe-ready, without a disruptive rip and replace, to achieve faster application response times and harness the performance of solid state drives for better scalability across virtual data centers with flash storage.
- Accelerates troubleshooting with built-in advanced diagnostics tools featuring ClearLink Diagnostics with D_Ports and select adapters from QLogic and Emulex, which helps ensure optical and signal integrity for 16 Gb and 32 Gb Fibre Channel optics and cables.