100GBASE-CWDM4 Cisco CPAK Module for SMF
Part Number: CPAK-100G-CWDM4
Cisco CPAK modules combine the greatest density and bandwidth with the lowest power consumption available in the market. They are interoperable with any IEEE-compliant 100GBASE-LR4 or 100GBASE-SR10 for investment protection and product choice. Some models, including the Cisco CPAK 100GBASE-LR4, use Cisco Complementary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) photonic technology to provide industry-leading optical integration, performance, power savings, and scalability.
The Cisco CPAK-100G-CWDM4 Module supports link lengths of up to 2 km over a standard pair of G.652 Single-Mode Fiber (SMF) with duplex LC connectors. The 100 Gigabit Ethernet signal is carried over four wavelengths. Multiplexing and demultiplexing of the four wavelengths are managed within the device.
Main features include:
- Up to 10 100-Gigabit Ethernet connections deliver as much as 1 Tbps of front-panel bandwidth
- Form factor consumes 40% less power than CFP2 and 70% less power than CFP form factors
- Minimal footprint allows 20% greater port density and bandwidth than competing products
- Hot-swappable input/output device plugs into a Cisco CPAK-module-based
- Support for a “pay-as-you-grow” model