10x10G-ERL Cisco CPAK Module for SMF
Part Number: CPAK-10X10G-ERL
The ER4 Lite module is compatible with the 100GBASE-ER4 standard and supports link lengths up to about 25 km over standard SMF, G.652. It delivers an aggregate data signal of 100 Gbps, carried over four LAN Wavelength-Division Multiplexing (WDM) wavelengths operating at a nominal 25 Gbps per lane. The module can be used over longer distances in engineered links with CPAK-100G-ER4L modules at both ends. Optical multiplexing and demultiplexing of the four wavelengths are managed within the module.
The Cisco CPAK-10X10G-ERL module is used in 10 x 10Gb mode along with ribbon-to-duplex SMF breakout cables for connectivity to ten 10GBASE-ER optical interfaces. It supports link lengths up to 25km over standard SMF, G.652. The module delivers 100Gbps links over 24-fiber ribbon cables terminated with MPO/MTP connectors.
Main features include:
- Up to 10 100-Gigabit Ethernet connections deliver as much as 1 Tbps of front-panel bandwidth
- Form factor consumes 40% less power than CFP2 and 70% less power than CFP form factors
- Minimal footprint allows 20% greater port density and bandwidth than competing products
- Hot-swappable input/output device plugs into a Cisco CPAK-module-based
- Support for a “pay-as-you-grow” model