100GBASE PSM4 Cisco CPAK Module for SMF
Part Number: CPAK-100G-PSM4
Cisco CPAK modules combine the greatest density and bandwidth with the lowest power consumption available in the market. They are interoperable with any IEEE-compliant 100GBASE-LR4 or 100GBASE-SR10 for investment protection and product choice. Some models, including the Cisco CPAK 100GBASE-LR4, use Cisco Complementary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) photonic technology to provide industry-leading optical integration, performance, power savings, and scalability.
The Cisco CPAK-100G-PSM4 Module supports link lengths of up to 500 meters over Single-Mode Fiber (SMF) with MPO connectors. The 100 Gigabit Ethernet signal is carried over 12-fiber parallel fiber terminated with MPO multifiber connectors.
Main features include:
- Up to 10 100-Gigabit Ethernet connections deliver as much as 1 Tbps of front-panel bandwidth
- Form factor consumes 40% less power than CFP2 and 70% less power than CFP form factors
- Minimal footprint allows 20% greater port density and bandwidth than competing products
- Hot-swappable input/output device plugs into a Cisco CPAK-module-based
- Support for a “pay-as-you-grow” model