Cisco 100GBASE-ER4 CFP Module for SMF (<40 km)
Part Number: CFP-100G-ER4
The Cisco 100GBASE-ER4 CFP module can support link lengths up to 40 kilometers on standard duplex single-mode fiber (SMF, G.652) terminated with SC/PC optical connectors. 100 Gigabit Ethernet signal is carried over four wavelengths. Multiplexing and demultiplexing of the four wavelengths are managed within the device. The Cisco 100GBASE-ER4 CFP module meets the IEEE 802.3ba requirements for 100GBASE-ER4 performance and also supports Digital Optical Monitoring (DOM) of the transmit-and-receive optical signal levels.
The Cisco® 100GBASE CFP modules offer customers 100 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity options for data center networking, enterprise core aggregation, and service provider transport applications.
- Supports 100GBASE Ethernet
- Hot-swappable input-output device that plugs into an Ethernet CFP port of a Cisco switch or router
- Provides flexibility of interface choice
- Supports “pay-as-you-populate” model
- Supports digital optical monitoring (DOM)
- Supports the Cisco quality identification (ID) feature that enables a Cisco switch to identify whether the module is certified and tested by Cisco