Cisco 4x10GBASE-LR QSFP Modules for SMF
Part Number: QSFP-4X10G-LR-S
The Cisco QSFP-4X10G-LR-S QSFP module supports link lengths of up to 10km on G.652 Single-Mode Fiber (SMF). It enables high-bandwidth 40G optical links over 12-fiber parallel fiber terminated with MPO/MTP multifiber female connectors. It can also be used in a 4x10G mode for interoperability with 10GBASE-LR interfaces up to 10km.
The 4x10G connectivity is achieved using an external 12-fiber parallel to 2-fiber duplex breakout cable, which connects the 4x10G LR module to four 10GBASE-LR optical interfaces. Cisco’s QSFP-4X10G-LR-S is optimized to guarantee interoperability over the full specification range of 10GBASE-LR in 4x10G mode. QSFP-4X10G-LR-S does not support FCoE.
The Cisco® 40GBASE QSFP (Quad Small Form-Factor Pluggable) portfolio offers customers a wide variety of high-density and low-power 40 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity options for data center, high-performance computing 00networks, enterprise core and distribution layers, and service provider applications.
- Hot-swappable input/output device that plugs into a 40 Gigabit Ethernet Cisco QSFP port
- Interoperable with other IEEE-compliant 40GBASE interfaces where applicable
- Certified and tested on Cisco QSFP 40G ports for superior performance, quality, and reliability
- High-speed electrical interface compliant to the IEEE 802.3ba standard
- QSFP Form factor, 2-wire I2C communication interface and other low-speed electrical interface compliant to SFF 8436 and QSFP Multisource Agreement (MSA)