100BASE-T for Fast Ethernet SFP Ports
Part Number: GLC-FE-T-I
The Cisco® 100BASE-X Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) device is a hot-swappable input/output device that plugs into Fast Ethernet ports, dual-rate Fast/Gigabit Ethernet ports, or Gigabit Ethernet ports of a Cisco switch or router, linking the port with the fiber cabling network.
The 100BASE-T SFP operates on standard Category 5 unshielded twisted-pair copper cabling of link lengths up to 100 m (328 ft).
Main features include:
- Hot-swappable when deployed, the switch or router does not have to reboot
- Supports the “pay-as-you-populate” model
- Interchangeable with other 100BASE-X SFPs on the same line card
- Supports the Cisco quality ID feature that enables the switch or router to identify whether or not the SFP is a Cisco qualified SFP
- Optically interoperable with respective 100BASE-X Ethernet interfaces on the same link