Cisco Fabric Extender Transceiver
Part Number: FET-40G
Cisco FET-40G QSFP Modules are fabric-extender transceiver modules used to connect to fabric links (links between the fabric extender switch and the parent switch). The interconnect works over parallel multimode fiber across distances of up to 100 and 150 meters, respectively, on laser-optimized OM3 and OM4 multimode fiber cables. This module can be used for native 40G optical links over 12-fiber ribbon cables with MPO/MTP connectors or in 4x10G mode with parallel-to-duplex fiber breakout cables for connectivity to four FET-10G interfaces.
The Cisco® 40GBASE QSFP (Quad Small Form-Factor Pluggable) portfolio offers customers a wide variety of high-density and low-power 40 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity options for data center, high-performance computing 00networks, enterprise core and distribution layers, and service provider applications.
- Hot-swappable input/output device that plugs into a 40 Gigabit Ethernet Cisco QSFP port
- Interoperable with other IEEE-compliant 40GBASE interfaces where applicable
- Certified and tested on Cisco QSFP 40G ports for superior performance, quality, and reliability
- High-speed electrical interface compliant to the IEEE 802.3ba standard
- QSFP Form factor, 2-wire I2C communication interface and other low-speed electrical interface compliant to SFF 8436 and QSFP Multisource Agreement (MSA)